Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Snakeskin and Slouchy Pants








Okay- I reallyyy need to find a good background for these pictures! I love how colorful the green is but the angle of the sun washes out the color of the clothes :( But rest assured! I am on a mission to find the best background to take pictures! So with that being said, it is nearly impossible to see how cool the snakeskin print of the top is which is fairly disappointing. 

This outfit gives off a chic, fun vibe. That is partially because of the mixture of textures. The silky snakeskin top with the slouchy velvet pants is a unique combo that doesn't seem like they would work together, but they totally do! The top and bottom both are slouchy, but since the pants go into a tight ankle bottom and I tucked the front of the shirt in, the proportions work together.

To help transition the velvet pants to spring, I brightened them up with white shoes and the white snakeskin top. It brightens up the pants so they don't look too dreary in the spring! Since it was such a neutral palette, I popped a color with a bright neon yellow cross-body bag which helped make the outfit appropriate for spring. 

And to top it off- I paired the look with orange lipstick which is my favorite beauty trend for spring! It seems hard to pull off, but if you get the right shade for you it is perfect for a fun outfit like this! It has the boldness of a red lip but it lighter for spring and summer! My favorite lipsticks are from the Maybelline Vivids line and topped with the NYX butter lip glosses! 



No comments:

Post a Comment