Thursday, May 1, 2014

Monochrome Madness









This may be one of my favorite looks of spring! I love the light pinky peachy color and how it almost looks like a romper! The gold belt helps break up the look and gives it a little sparkle. Also, the mixed textures of lace and linen give it a fresh, spring feel. 

My favorite part of this outfit might be the hat. I saw the Panama hat at JCrew and loved it but I didn't know if I wanted to spend that much money on a hat. I left to think about it and went to Forever 21 and saw the same exact hat but for $12! It was obvious that the JCrew hat was better quality but it looks exactly the same on so it was fine by me! I still have my eye on the white JCrew Panama hat because I thought the color was really unique and I would wear it a ton!

As much as I love these shorts, the second I put them on I was reminded of my biggest pet peeve in summer; the dreaded wrinkles. I hate wrinkles with a passion. I have these shorts in two colors and love them so much but the second I put them on they are a wrinkly mess! After bending down once they are wrinkled and then the whole outfit just looks sloppy. I find this happens with my JCrew chinos as well. I am on a mission to find a great pair of shorts that don't wrinkle so quickly!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment