Monday, June 16, 2014

Three Way ;)










And Swisher was crying the whole time to get in a picture so heres the little baby puppy model

Now the "three way" isn't what you are thinking! It is actually my rule of thumb when I am shopping. When I see something I love, in order to buy it I have to think of three things in my closet to wear it! I like to mix up how I style the item either with accessories or three totally different outfits. 

When I saw this pull over camp shirt at Old Navy, I knew it would be easy to make three outfits. The hard part was narrowing it down to three!  Since it is such an easy silhouette, it can be paired with so many different things! I even love it to throw over a bikini for a day on the boat.  

The first outfit, I was inspired by the color and the stripes of the shirt. Whenever there are stripes, I automatically know I am going to pair it with polka dots! Seriously, is there a cuter combination? These pinky coral polka dot shorts were perfect. They had the perfect pattern and color to go with the shirt. But, why stop at one color? You mine as well add some bright yellow accessories. With all of the fun color going on up top, I kept the shoes a neutral white so they matched, but didn't distract from all of the other colors. This is a look I would wear to lunch with friends or even to school.

I also went for bright colors and pattern mixing in the second outfit (I might be addicted) This skirt is from the Target kids section, but I just love it. The pleats and bright water color design made this shirt a little more girly. Not to mention the blues matched perfectly! I kept the accessories in theme with a bright neon cross body and sandals. This helped keep the balance of girly and cool. I would wear this outfit to church and brunch or a fun day of shopping!

The last outfit is the one I actually ended up wearing for the day. I was going to a ten and twelve year old boys birthday party so I wanted to have a fun, sporty look going on. This outfit would be totally cute for a ball game as well though, just switch out the Vineyard Vines hat for your favorite team and you are good to go! I got this two toned cross body bag on sale at Target for $7, talk about a steal! The blues went perfectly, and it is also perfect for a sporting event so you don't have to lug around a big bag.

Next time you go shopping remember the rule of the three way!


No comments:

Post a Comment