Thursday, June 26, 2014

Red Hot...









I felt like a firework in this dress! I guess that happens when you dress in all red. Obviously, I am totally on the monochromatic bandwagon. It is so easy to put an outfit together that is in the same color scheme! I have always loved the color of this shirt, so I got the shorts in the same color. Then when I was outfit planning, my lightbulb went off and I thought that if I love this red-orange color so much, I should just wear all of it! So, I did, and I was a firecracker for the day.

What makes this outfit work is the circle pattern on the shirt. It breaks up the outfit without needing a belt. Since these shorts are more "professional", the playful circle print on the shirt makes them wearable for a casual event! 

The key to wearing a monochrome outfit is not not worry if the shades are slightly off. As long as they are in the same color family, it will look great! I personally love wearing a lighter and darker shade of the same color. The colors match but aren't too "matchy matchy" 

So, go through your closet and make some monochromatic outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment