Sunday, June 15, 2014

Princess of the Flowers...










This past weekend there was a local country fest that I went to with some friends. Obviously, I had to break out my boots. And thank goodness I did since it was a total mud pit! For once my boots were actually practical and not just for fashion! 

I knew everyone else going to the concert would be in the always classic jean shorts and boots, so I wanted to be different while still fitting into the country theme. Immediately denim and sequins popped into my head, and I knew that I would wear some variation of that. I had originally wanted to wear a denim vest but it was freezinggg outside that day so I had to settle for a jacket. The combination of denim, sequins, and cowboy boots makes for a country chic look for any concert! 

To top it all off (literally) I wore a flower crown that I made last year. I was going to wear a straw cowboy hat but I felt that it was a little over the top since I do not live on a farm and I would look silly. So, flowers it was! I loved how it tied the whole outfit together and really made me look different. There's nothing like wearing a crown all day! 

Let me know if you would like a tutorial on how to make a flower crown!

No comments:

Post a Comment