Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Lake Life...








Okay, not my best idea to wear a floppy hat by the lake. During the process of trying to take pictures it flew off at least 10 times. But, the hat totally made the look so it was worth it. We went and spent the day at Skaneatles Lake which is just gorgeous. There is a cute little town and shops right along side the lake. 

I kept my outfit very simple but girly for a fun day of brunch and shopping. In order to look modern while wearing a midi skirt, you have to show some skin up top! It is all about proportions! I'm not saying to be a sleezeball, but it it okay to show some skin if your legs are covered. Since it was freezing and windy outside, I wanted my arms covered as well so I opted for an off the shoulder v-neck sweater. Just by showing my shoulders and chest, it offsets the length of the skirt keeping me from looking like I just walked out of the 1950's! 

Remember your proportions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment